The relationship with our community is extremely important to us. Merina+Co focuses on understanding our community’s needs. Our team has served others on various community service projects. If you are a municipal entity or nonprofit that could use our help on a service project, please contact us.
Merina+Co’s team serves on various professional boards and committees. Some positions our team members are serving in:
- Portland State University, Accounting Advisory Board
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Council Member
- Oregon Board of Accountancy, Complaints Committee
- Oregon Society of CPA:
- Board of Director
- Leadership Development Committee
- Mentor for Coaching Program
- Governmental Accounting & Auditing Strategic Committee
- Forward Stride, Finance Committee Member
- Oregon Government Finance Officers Association, Accounting Standards Review Committee Co-chair
- Government Finance Officers Association, Reviewer for the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting Program
New Deck Build
Members of the Merina+Co team recently helped out a local Tigard family, reflecting our firm’s commitment to the community. The family has a special needs child and their deck provides outside access for the child. When that deck collapsed due to weather and age, our team members stepped in to design and build them a new one. Over the course of a little more than a week, they demolished the old deck, framed and built a new, stronger, and safer deck for the family, and hauled off the debris. A donation from The Home Depot helped offset the cost of the project that was otherwise funded out of our team members’ pockets.
Merina+Co remains committed to our communities and our team demonstrates this commitment throughout the year participating in specific projects, serving on boards and commissions, and through personal involvement at any number of levels. It is a core value and simply part of who we are as a firm.
Welcome To The Team
Merina+Co is excited to welcome Courtney Seto to the team as of December 1st, 2020 as our newest consultant!